Thursday, July 14, 2011

Delaware

June 24, 2011
Busy Bee Camp – Day 11

I will preface this account by saying that the Busy Bees are of the more privileged sort.  Their parents are politicians and TV personalities, and the Bees are habituated to a more urban lifestyle.  Anyway, today during story time we were reading a book about farming. Here is what the Busy Bees had to say about rural entities. 

As the next page of the story time book was turned, the Busy Bees became glued to a picture of none other than a tractor. One Busy Bee, Mamoka, whom I like to refer to as the Japanese Princess, felt so strongly about the image that she stood up from her Indian-style sitting to say, “I saw a tractor in Delaware.” Luke, another Busy Bee, responded, “There are cows in Delaware too.” And what was my response?

“Wow, I guess there is everything in Delaware.”

No comments:

Post a Comment