Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Two Year Old Tanks

June 22, 2011
Busy Bee Camp – Day 9

It’s funny how the two youngest kids at camp are also the two largest.  No kidding.  Sean and Mackey are bruisers.  It’s nothing for Sean to rip a toy out of the hands of another camper.  He dwarfs the rest of the two year olds; his size is comparable to the five year olds.  And Mackey, well, he never stops running as soon he walks through the door at 9:00am.  He’s like a bulldozer.  I will also add that Sean and Mackey require the most attention, for they do not like to follow directions, and they are terribly needy.  Everyday two of our counselors have to be assigned to each of the boys because they just can’t be left alone. Today it was left up to me to wrangle Mackey during story time. Usually I am not on Sean and Mackey duty, but someone had to do it.  I couldn’t believe how strong he was. I tried my best to hold Mackey down in my lap and restrain the flailing brute. Remember my little German friend Sebastian? Well, Sebastian, who was supposed to be turned around and listening to story time, was watching me and Mackey wrestle.  Sebastian then pointed to Mackey and said, “Bad Mackey.” It was too much. Here I am trying to control Mackey and my laughter at the same time. Impossible. Thankfully, though, Mackey started to tire and resorted to listening to story time.  All of the other counselors had experienced story time chaos with Mackey, but this was my first time trying to handle the two year old tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment